As your Board Member, I will work together with teachers, administrators, staff, and families to advocate for:
- All children to have access to computers and the internet at home.
- Small class sizes and equity among schools to be achieved and maintained.
- All children to benefit from a balanced curriculum that includes art, music, physical education, science and technology.
- Class-size reduction and certified tutors to help schools who serve a large population of low-income families.
As your Board Member, I pledge to:
- Represent all constituents and children in the District with integrity, fortitude, and unwavering courage.
- Ensure ESL students achieve success through a multi-tiered system of language and academic development.
- Work to provide after-school programs that give all students a safe and productive environment.
- Support anti-discrimination policies across the board.
I believe in resource allocation based on an individual child's needs. As such, I will work to ensure:
- Children have access to differentiated instruction and additional services according to their needs.
- All low-income students receive academic preschool, academic summer school, before-school breakfast and after-school homework assistance.
- Social workers are assigned to assist families in obtaining medical, dental, and other services based on needs of the child.
- Children who have physical or learning challenges will receive what they need to not only thrive, but fully contribute to their education.
As a good steward of your vote, I will commit to serving as the community's trustee advocating for all students' best interests and holding stakeholders accountable by:
- Maintaining a stable financial foundation for the District with an open and prudent budget process.
- Supporting environmentally friendly policies, healthy food programs, and school safety programs.
- Advocating for the provision of psychological services and social/emotional learning experiences for all children.
- Ensuring local union labor is contracted for all applicable JCPS building and maintenance projects.
As someone who appreciates the unique position of our elected school boards as a vehicle for community control of local schools, I will:
- Foster a spirit of mutual respect and focus on what is best for children among my fellow Board members and within the administrative team.
- Foster community involvement through district committees, events, public meetings, and online resources.
- Advocate for an open and transparent process of student/family choice and advance placement assignments.
- Defend public schools as a critical institution and fight for control of JCPS to remain within the community, knowing that we are best positioned to grow and strengthen the quality of our children's education.
I will listen, seek information, involve all stakeholders and work to build a consensus on the issues that matter to all by:
- Encouraging an evidence-based and data-driven approach to decision making at all levels.
- Providing appropriate professional development for teachers and administrators while respectfully including them in the curricular decision-making process.
District 4 Schools
Cane Run Elementary
Crums Lane ElementaryDixie Elementary
Johnsontown Road Elementary
Mill Creek Elementary
Schaffner Traditional Elementary
Watson Lane Elementary
Wilkerson Traditional Elementary
Frost Sixth-Grade Academy
Butler Traditional High
Pleasure Ridge Park High
Riverport Education Center